Close cooperation from day one
The project was extensive and complex, involving Glenside with activities from creating the initial designs all the way through to the supply of the office furniture. The client was moving to premises covering 15,000 square feet, nearly three times the space of their former facility.
Time was also of the essence, with a wide range of structural and fit out work to be carried out within a contract period of 12 weeks. A close working relationship was developed with the client, and their active interest and feedback was extremely helpful to our project team in achieving a totally successful outcome and an accurate fulfillment of the client’s goals and aspirations.
A broad scope of works to undertake
One of the aspects that made this project so exciting was the fact that the premises contained no internal infrastructure. It required extensive installation work and rigorous attention to detail in order to become a desirable, efficient and attractive working environment.
As commercial interior designers, we had a blank canvas to work on, which was a wonderful opportunity to demonstrate the breadth of our flair for design and our practical skills and workmanship. Once the client had approved the 3D visuals we had prepared of the proposed interior designs, we were ready to go!
A full office and workshop design and fit out was required on this project, which covered a wide range of structural, mechanical and aesthetic features, including:
- Partitioning and Suspended Ceilings Installation
- Internal and External Lighting Installation
- Design and installation of all power and data infrastructure.
- Connection of audio-visual cabling
- Air Conditioning Installation
- Selection and laying of floorcoverings
- The supply and installation of a raised access computer floor
- Fit out of staff breakout and kitchen areas
- Full washroom fit-outs
- Supply and installation of storage solutions
- Furniture selection, supply and installation
The project was delivered on time and on budget, and the client was delighted with the outcome, as is shown by their testimonial which pays tribute to the skills and commitment of all those who worked on the project: